2015-16 Season Information and Registration
The Saturday Novice league still has space for 2015-16 registration, please see information below and contact the Club with any questions.
The Monday Novice League is NOW FULL, you can register for the wait list.
The Novice League has two separate draw times: Monday (6:45/9pm, rotates weekly) from September 28 to April. 4, and Saturday (2pm-4pm) from September 19 to Apr. 9. Both draws are 23 weeks in duration.
- Saturday Draw Schedule TBD, please check back soon - First Day: September 19
- Monday Draw Schedule TBD, please check back soon - First Day: September 28
Novice League Details
- *NEW for the 2015-16 curling season, the Novice League is integrated, welcoming individuals in wheelchairs to join teams and learn to curl - for more information email Ryan, email@example.com
- Five full weeks of instruction that cover the basics of delivery, sweeping, strategy, rules and ettiquette.
- The sixth week includes an exhibition game for all participants to get comfortable out on the ice.
- Following the instruction, the season runs for approx. 17 weeks. Points are awarded for wins, losses and ties.
- A three-week playoff will wrap-up the season to determine the League Champion, and the representatives in the VCC Championships held mid-April.
Teams can register up to five (5) people. Curling teams operate with four players any given week (it's up to the team to decide who plays each week). Groups (or individuals) with less than four members are grouped with other registrants to ensure a team of four players. The VCC maintains a wait list to fill any gaps, and for those looking to pick up games via the spare list once the season is underway.
Costs for the league (per person) are: League Registration ($280) + VCC Membership & Curl BC dues ($35) + VCC Capital Development Fund ($35) + GST, totaling $367.50. Membership includes CurlBC dues and insurance, along with access to Open Ice for practice when it is available and discounts in the Pro Shop, as well as on our clinics, lessons, and pick-up leagues offered throughout the season.
Registration is first-come, first-serve, so please register as soon as possible. Payment is due by September 16th. Since there is usually a waiting list, we ask that all registrants endeavor to pay in full by the deadline. Payment can be made in person by cash, debit, cheque, or credit card and over the phone by credit card only.
Below is a fun video produced by Curling Canada and the World Curling Association that explains the game. Quite comprehensively...
Contact us for additional info about the VCC Novice League. Or call Ryan @ 604-874-0122