This four-day event features two draw times taking place every evening of the VCC Championship. All teams are guaranteed a minimum of two games in this event, with a few teams who will have to play two games in one night.
Every game is eight ends and any ties are determined with a draw-to-the-button (only the throwing team can sweep). Should a tie arise, the ‘A’ and ‘B’ Finals are the only two games to be solved with an extra end, played towards the glass. Keep play moving so we can stay as close to the designated draw times as possible.
The remaining event rules are outlined below:
- The VCC Membership Services Coordinator will organize this event.
- The championship will have up to 32 teams.
- The winner of the VCC Championship will be considered the open champion of the VCC as there will be no gender or age restrictions on participation in the event.
- Each league will have the opportunity to nominate at least one team for the VCC Championship. If a league has one or more full draws of eight sheets and part of another draw, it will only be guaranteed a number of entries equal to the number of full draws that the league occupies.
- Leagues must confirm their team(s) competing in the event by Monday, April 3, 2017.
- The draw will consist of an A and B event single elimination format, with teams placed into the B event if they lose their first game played.
- The A event champions receive VCC club champion team jackets, and the A event runners-up, B event winners and B event runners-up receive prizes to be determined by the event organizers.
- A curler may only play on one team in the event and must declare before the start of the championship which team he or she will be playing with if successful in qualifying for the championship through more than one league.
- Teams may employ spares only from the league they are representing and only use curlers who have not already curled in the championship as a regular team member.
- Spares may play only lead or second. They are not permitted to skip the game and throw first or second rocks.